Cold and flu season is just as important as ever with COVID-19 continuing to loom. If you’ve ever caught had a sore throat or a runny nose and wondered if you can still enjoy some weed, this is the post for you!
For anyone in need of their weed and cannabis fix, Chronic Haze’s online dispensary is here for you with same-day delivery and curbside pick up in Mississauga, Brampton, Oakville, Milton , Etobicoke and parts of Caledon. Everyone else? We offer Canada-wide shipping for your cannabis and weed needs.
How weed helps with pain relief
Pain is unique for all of us. With a definition as broad as “an unpleasant sensory and emotional experience that is associated with tissue damage”, the pain we each experience and how we manage that pain is diverse. For many people, weed is a safe and affordable option, especially when compared with options such as addictive and expensive pain killers.
If you’ve smoked to manage pain, or enjoy smoking to relax after work, you’ve probably wondered how effective weed is for the discomfort of a cold or flu. To understand how weed may help when you’re feeling under the weather, let’s dive a little into how weed interacts with the body.
The system that interacts with the cannabinoids in weed is called the Endocannabinoid System (ECS). The ECS consists of three parts:
- endocannabinoids: small molecules that speak to and engage cannabinoid receptors.
- receptors: receptors are scattered throughout your body. They bind to cannabinoids and then “tell” your brain to react – this is how your body gets the message to be relieved of pain, or soothed of stress
- enzymes: these little guys break down and process the endocannabinoids after the job is done.
THC is popular for pain management because it is pain relieving – in fancier terms, weed is analgesic. It helps with pain because it blocks pain signals in the nervous system. How does the ECS factor into this? It’s the communication system that interacts with cannabinoids to regulate and balance human functions such as pain and discomfort.
Will weed make me feel better when I have a cold or flu?
While weed may not help you heal faster, it’ll bring you some comfort and enjoyment as you heal up. Every cold and flu is unique, so we want to give you some gentle options for getting back to full health. From aches and pains, to sleep challenges, we have ideas and options for getting a high without slowing down your healing.
- For aches and pains, try out a topical balm so that you can apply right to the sore spot.
- When you have a cough or a sore throat, it may be best to take a break from smoking as that may irritate your lungs. To enjoy a high without smoking, we recommend edibles!
- For sleeping nights, try a gentle tincture.
Same Day Weed Delivery Curbside Pickup and Weed Shipping Canada Wide
You may be wondering, “Is there a Dispensary near me?” Of course there is! Order with Chronic Haze today for same day weed delivery in Mississauga, Brampton, Etobicoke, Oakville or Milton. We also offer curbside pickup in Mississauga.
If you’re not local, we offer Canada-wide shipping. Order weed online and we can typically ship within 2-3 business days – check out our Canada-wide weed shipping service!